Ricky asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

14 year old with breasts, hormone problems?

I'm a 14 yr old boy and I need your advice. I hope it is ok to post it here as I have breasts and hormone problems so women's health seems like the best place.Unfortunately, I do have hormone problems that have given my body a more female look (no body hair and 34B breasts from gynecomastia). I only wear a bra at home when I have breast pain and a sports bra under my tshirt at school for PE for running, etc. I wouldn't wish my body on anyone and hope my boobs don't get bigger. To make it worse, I'm skinny. 

My mom and 16 yr old sister have been helpful, but it is still hard. They have answered many questions, but any advice you can give me would be helpful. My endocrinologist doesn't want me to have breast reduction surgery at my age and doesn't know how big my boobs will get (mom is 38D and sis is 36C). What do you recommend for breast pain (especially pain in both nipples). How big will my boobs get? Is it normal for the left breast to be a little bigger (but both boobs are 34B)? Is it normal for my breasts to sometimes feels heavier? Is it normal to sweat under your breasts? Are there any bras that you recommend? Why can't all these companies use the same sizing? Breast cancer runs in my family, so should I really be doing self-exams? Will I need mammograms in the future?Any advice you can give me would be helpful. There have been so many stressful days. It is hard to be a boy with "female problems."

Thanks for your help and for letting me post here.

Best Answer

Some of the patients that come to me for mammograms are males with gynecomastia. Sadly, they usually have bigger boobs than you. The males, like our female patients, are treated with great respect. Bras are for breasts and males can also get breast cancer. I hope that you do a monthly breast self-exam.

While it is hard to say how big your boobs will get, my daughter has clearly taken after my father's mother who also had large breasts (unfortunately for her and back pain). I'm glad that you are close to your mom and sister as I'm sure they are a big help.

As for breast pain, I'm glad that you are wearing a bra and sports bra for running, etc. Check with your Dr., but I also recommend evening primrose oil and Tylenol. As Nicole mentioned, some women find that massaging helps. If the pain affects your sleep, then I suggest wearing a sleep bra to bed.

I agree with your endocrinologist not wanting you to have breast reduction surgery at your age.

It is normal for your left breast to be a little bigger and for your breasts to sometimes feel heavier. It is also normal to sweat under your breasts.

As for bras, I like Warner's for my regular bra and Champion for my sports bra. Why can't all these companies use the same sizing? My daughter asked me that years ago and I told her that each company is different though it is frustrating to everyone that wears bras.

I'm sorry that breast cancer runs in your family, so as I mentioned above, you should do a monthly breast self-exam. Are mammograms in your future? Only your breast health and your Dr. can answer that.

I know that you are dealing with a lot and dealing with things that you never thought, years ago, you would have to worry about. Remember that you are not alone and you have great courage. I'm proud of you.

I will also answer your Halloween question. I know that you will be a pretty girl.

• Ricky3 weeks agoReport

Thanks, Wendy. Your answer has helped me so much.

As a woman, I feel sorry for you. I am also proud of you for being such a strong person. Listen to Wendy's advice.

• Ricky3 weeks agoReport

Thanks, Jackie, for your answer. I really appreciate it.

• Jason

If your whole body is proportionately fat as your man boobs it is probably a fat issue then you have to exercise, but if it is not it is probably Gynecomastia, which is a common condition for some guys, Nothing to worry (But Before coming in to a conclusion that it is Gynecomastia please see a surgeon and remove your doubts)

The best treatment for Gynecomastia is a simple surgery, you can come home the same day. My friend has done it, He became a very confident Guy from a very depressed one after the surgery. If you need more money to do the surgery start saving from today or borrow and pay installments or tell your parents how depressed you are and get some money, But do the surgery

So don't go through the mental pain again and again, find a solution to this simple problem even if it may take some time

Best of Luck!

PS: Please see this search link to know the difference

https://www.google.ae/search?q=man+boobs+before+an...

• Robin

you can have one of two problems. one just hormonal and your doctor can confirm by blood test or a piturity gland problem which is a simple operation

Please don't listen to the anonymous troll guy. If what your saying is true, I'm sorry, but I do want you to know Ive met others in my life with your same issue. Listen to the advice Wendy gave, & honestly don't over worry about breast cancer at this age, eat healthy & love yourself, & you will live a beautifully life. Sorry you have to deal with this but I'm just happy that in your future you can get rid (surgically) of this issue, while there are many things we can't get rid of so hold fast 😊you'll have a bright future if you don't let these type of hurdles or stupid ppl push you back. good luck! 😊

• Ricky3 weeks agoReport

Thanks, Yodit, for your answer. I really appreciate it.

To Anonymous (who was too much of a coward to post his/her name): I am NOT a troll. Those were two separate posts (one is my Halloween question and here, which naturally gave more detail to my gynecomastia and other hormone problems). As mentioned, I wouldn't wish my body on anyone and I hope my boobs DON'T get bigger (this is one of my concerns). If you, Anonymous, reread my post, you will see that I am seeing an endocrinologist. I know this is NOT normal for a male. That's why I'm seeing an endocrinologist and trying to get advice (which you obviously didn't provide).

I am NOT trolling and this is serious. You should apologize.

I want to thank the people that have been kind to me. You all show that there are still people that care. I really appreciate it.

• Ricky3 weeks agoReport

Thanks, Wendy, for being so nice to me.

This is NOT normal for a male. You need to see your doctor for hormone correction and possible surgery on your pituitary. If you are not trolling and this is serious, you would know that an endocrinologist is the specialist who would manage and treat this condition. BTW, this seems totally fabricated as you are noting bra sizes of your sister and mother and saying you wear bras, etc. You would have already seen a doctor and not be hoping to go into a bigger bra size. This story falls flat for this reason alone.

EDIT: After reading your other question, it is clear that you are trolling.

THIS IS WHAT WAS POSTED EARLIER TODAY IN SOCIETY AND CULTURE:

Females Only: Thinking about dressing as a girl for Halloween. Help please.?

I'm a 14 yr old boy and I need your advice. Halloween is coming up and I am thinking about being a girl. I think it could be fun, but I'm also nervous and worried that I'm going to feel weird and embarrassed.

My mom, 16 yr old sister and a girl at school are all trying to convince me to do it. I am 100% straight. Unfortunately, I do have hormone problems that have given my body a more female look (no body hair and 34B breasts from gynecomastia). I only wear a bra at home when I have breast pain and a sports bra under my tshirt at school for PE for running, etc. I wouldn't wish my body on anyone and hope my boobs don't get bigger. To make it worse, I'm skinny.

I did let my sister put her makeup and brown wig on me yesterday at home and I do look like a girl.

But should I be a girl for Halloween and what should I wear? Clothes, underwear, jewelry, shoes, etc. The more advice I get the better as it - other than the bra - is obviously all new to me.

Thanks for your help.

it is normal for one breast to be bigger

it is normal for them to feel heavy

it is normal to sweat

buy a bra that fits, use a sports bra for a flatter effect and an underwire one for comfort and support.

companies don't use the same sizing because they suck

feel around for unnatural lumps occasionally, talk to your doc if you're worried!

have you ever considered wearing chest binders?

• Ricky4 weeks agoReport

Thanks Cassie for your answer. I really appreciate it. I have tried wearing a chest binder, but it was too tight and painful.

So sorry to learn that you have gynecomastia and other hormone problems. I wish I could answer all your questions, but I'm not in the medical field. I can tell you from experience as a woman that you are obviously dealing with problems a lot of us girls deal with so I hope that you get some helpful answers.

Massaging helps with breast pain. The answers to all your Is it normal? questions are yes. You should do a breast self-exam once a month. Bras can be frustrating and unfortunately I don't think anyone knows how big your boobs will get. Hopefully your hormone problems will get better. Hang in there.

• Ricky3 weeks agoReport

Thanks, Nicole, for your answer. I really appreciate it.

Undergo an ENTIRE gender swap identifying as female and then your breasts will not feel out of place with the rest of your body.