Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 1 month ago

The kids at my son's school are referring to special needs children as "SPED kids" in a derogatory way.?

I have told him not to use this terminology but it is becoming a popular insult. I know it stands for Special Education, but it is becoming an insult. What to do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

talk to the person in charge of bullying issues

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nothing. You have told your child not to say it. Control what is within your locus of control. Quit worrying about what others do.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Chill out bro, in my shool there used to be a stutterer kid, and me and my friends used to call him Remix

• TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Ok I'm really into disability rights and not being ableist but if you didn't say it in a mean way and you included him in stuff then it's kind of funny.

• 1 month ago

kids are *****, just deal with it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Tell your son to stop using the words "SPED kids", and tell him to say lizard people or aliens. This will cause your child to fear the special needs children and never speak of them again.

• 1 month ago

The best way to deal with someone picking on your kid is to let them know that someone like that is not worth caring about. They’re shitty people, and their opinions on your kids shouldn’t matter. There’s always going to be assholes, revenge is best served by laughing with them or simply ignoring it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.