is there any getting away from all the adverts on tv now?

i'm just pissed off and fed up because i can't watch a decent movie on the channel talking pictures without advertisements interrupting and spoiling the enjoyment every 8 minutes or less, i watch talking pictures for the old films it shows, films which date way back now, the 50's, 60's and 70's eras,  but any film is constantly interrupted with adverts now...and the adverts breaks are a lot longer now than they once were long ago.... it never used to be like this when i was growing up, adverts then were short and entertaining... where as now, they are all corporate and unbritish in my opinion.

so what can i do?  just stick to buying old films on dvd and watching them on my pc?, as thats another hobbie i enjoy....at least then no blasted adverts.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sadly no. Same thing with magazines. Used to be you got good articles with short ads, now magazine have full page ads that get in the way, Just the way they do things these days.

• 2 months ago

We get cable TV service at home. We record programs and play them back, while fast-forwarding through the commercial clutter.

You could do the same using a digital video recorder.

• 2 months ago

Ads can be very bothersome but they are still important. If YouTube didn't have any ads then I think you'd be paying to watch a YouTube video and you don't want that do you? I guess not. Don't let them offend you too much. Who knows? There could be ads that can appeal to you.

• 2 months ago

Throw you TV out the window. no more Adverts

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try your library. No need to buy the DVDs. Just borrow them. Many libraries allow you to have a queue where you put stuff you want to borrow and they notify you when it's available.

• 2 months ago

youtube with adblock lmao

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.