My MacBook won't shut down and won't connect to wifi?

On Wednesday night, I was watching a tv show on my laptop, didn't close the tabs just closed the laptop. I lost power Wednesday night and it remained turned off up until mid day Thursday. This morning (Friday) I tried to use it, wouldn't connect to wifi, thought nothing of it. I go to school, come home and want to do school work on it. It still won't connect to wifi. I figure that shutting it down might get it into gear, so I try shutting it down. I clicked the apple in the corner, I held the power button down for 10+ seconds, etc. Does anyone know what to do to fix this?

It is confused because it was forcibly shut down due to the power cut while it was in the middle of something. Try closing down all the applications, one at a time, and then closing it down. If that doesn't work, disconnect from the power cable (if it's connected), remove the battery and hold the button down for several seconds. It'll be shut down then. Wait a few seconds, then reinsert the battery (and connect the power cable if need be), and try restarting. Then go from there.

You'll have learned now that you should shut down and power off the computer when you're finished - otherwise this is what can happen!

Unplug it, and try turning it on again.

• Lv 7

unplug power cord and hold power button for 7 seconds.

otherwise power button is broken.

i would call your internet service provider

• Lv 7

Close out of all of your open applications (Command+Q). Make sure everything is completely closed. Then hold down the power button.

If it doesn't shut down, try checking for any software updates (App Store > Updates). If there are any updates available, do them.

Anything beyond this probably requires Apple to look at it. You could call, do an online chat, or take it to a store.

Is there a question?