Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

How does the report system work on here? Why do questions and answers that violated the rules stay on here even when I report them?

I’m not talking about oh, I disagreed with someone, let’s report them! But actual violating rules - such as spamming questions with a bunch of random characters.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on the trust level of those who report the post. It can take just one report or 20 people reporting to drop a question. It does not matter if it is a violation or not. This is why lots of people get annoyed with reporting people. What the asker has to do is using the help menu, appeal the post If they win the appeal the post is reinstated and you get the 10 points back.

• 1 month ago

If takes a number of reports to trigger the computer programs that remove the reported questions or answers from the YA display. I suspect no one really knows if tit is working or not, and that may include the Verizon employees who supposedly have the knowledge and security clearances to fix the problems. Verizon, or whoever runs YA, may not have enough employees to fix a system that backlogged with YEARS of reports. We used to get report notice and violation notice ails with appeal hyperlinks that worked and took us to appeal pages that would submit successfully. That stopped over 2 Yeats ago.

It seems like NO ONE knows WHAT is going on. That includes the people at Verizon.

• 1 month ago

If not enough people report the same thing, it stays.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Nobody at yahoo actually cares anymore ................................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yahoo Answers is Community Moderated so No Actual Staff Member takes a look at it when you Report something it will be Submitted into Yahoo's Computer System then once a Trusted Reporter Reports the Same thing then it gets Taken down if a Trusted Reporter does not Report the Same thing it wont get Taken down

Yahoo's Computer System Keeps Track of who Reports what and who Reports Accurately those people after they have Reported Enough stuff Accurately Become Trusted Reporters

Lv 7
    1 month ago

You usually need between 5 to 7 separate reports to drop content, so most people just ignore the point-gaming gibberish and focus on questions that are really bad. Point-gamers care more about their questions than the crappy answers.

• 1 month ago

They have to be reported by 2 or more people. I often report questions that are overtly sexual and answers that have nothing to do with the question, posted just to get 2 points, but they seldom get deleted.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It takes the system awhile to review it, it gets lots of reports.

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

the system does not review a thing. Computers aren't smart enough to determine whether something violated the guidelines or not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.