There is no HOA where I live. Neighbor taped letters on 50 houses soliciting $20 each claiming she is the president & treasurer of the HOA.?

• Foofa

So your neighbor is nuts, that's not really a crime.

HOA's normally have dues. If this is the dues, then check the bylaws of the HOA, they may very well be owed.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

"There is no HOA where I live". Therefore, it doesn't matter whether an HOA has dues.

Ignore the letter. See how easy that was?

• davidmi711
      4 weeks agoReport

Unless you paid her money you have no cause of action against her. If any of your neighbors have, they do.

By law, if there IS an HOA, the President and the Treasurer MUST be different people.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

You don't need to know the rules about an HOA unless you intentionally bought a property that was subject to an HOA (which may be in your abstract of title).

Report it to the police, that's fraud.

• DON W

I'd speak to my neighbors to see what is going on--there may actually be an HOA that you're not aware of. I'd also want to know more about the neighbor, including what the $20 is for, and whether it's truly an "assessment" or just a voluntary contribution. If the $20 is for something useful, such as improving a playground, you may want to contribute even if you don't have to.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

Taping a notice to a door is certainly not illegal, although do it with intent to defraud would be.

Well okay then. Thank you for letting us know. If anyone asks me "what is the HOA situation with jdohe2002", I will pass on the information

Recommended next step: Learn how to for a question and post a question. This is Yahoo Answers not Yahoo useless statements.

Seems to me this is HIGHLY illegal. That would be like someone claiming to be the sheriff's department collecting donations for the police when in fact they are keeping all the money for themselves. Total fraud and extortion. What can I do about this?

I would call the cops, since this is attempted fraud, if what you say is true.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

Criminal fraud is also a criminal matter, genius.

When she comes to collect answer the door naked and invite her in