Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

What's wrong If being 17 I like to wear all-black and paint my nails black in U.S. society?

Why do I ask may you wonder?, well, my family don't accept the black nails being a male and I'm bullied at school. Yeah, America, the land of the free. Uh? really, what's wrong with u people

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

When a male wears nail polish then he is going to face harassment. Why? Because he is challenging social convention. He isn't acting like all the other guys. 

I hope you continue painting your nails. Society counts on its youth to challenge social convention and expand our freedoms and tolerances. Challenge your friends to join you on your mission to expand male freedoms. Challenge them to let you paint just one nail just to see if they are strong enough to be a social renegade. 

• 4 weeks ago

There is no law against it. That's what we mean by a free society. It doesn't mean nobody is allowed to comment unfavourably on your looks. That's also what we mean by a free society.

• 1 month ago

Nothing wrong with it. I dress in All black toó. And paint my nails toó. I dont give a rats *** what society thinks

• 1 month ago

You, like many others, do not understand what free really means.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're the only boy who's emo in your whole school? I guess if you want to do it, you'll have to stick up for yourself.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To me it means you are a homosexual goth man.

• 1 month ago

Well, you said it in your question. It's a socially uncommon way to express yourself. People who don't adorn themselves in the way you're describing tend to think people who wear black, paint their nails black, etc. are edgy, irresponsible individuals.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If it helps you out any, I think that black nails on females suck, too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.