Can I send back a package I recieved from Amazon without printing a return label if I don't open it?

I ordered a package through someone on Amazon but then realized a few hours later that I didn't need it.  I sent a cancellation request but a couple hours after sending my request the package was shipped out.  Can I tell the post office to just return the package to sender if I don't open it so I don't have to go through the hassle of printing out a return label?

Call and ask them. They may still require a return label.

• Judy

Print the label. YOU caused the hassle, btw.

• edward

If you want a refund you have to get the label

Probably but you are going to have to pay postage both ways at least.

If you haven't opened it, yes. However don't expect to receive a refund for the item.

If you want a refund, you need to go through Amazon's process for returns which will include printing and using their shipping label.

Go through the refund process so that it will be returned to the return center and they will know the reason.