Do I have any obligation to file a copyright infringement claim?

It just crossed my mind that if I trademark a character or a slogan etc, I can just turn the other cheek for a while, until I can sue more parties for more money. Seems like the insidious kind of thing that there just isn't a law for yet. I wouldn't want to do that anyway. That being said, I think it would usually be in my best interest to file such a claim asap, rather than allow others to profit off of my IP what so ever.

You sue them individually, and there are statutes of limitations for you suing. SO if you wait to long, you cannot sue anyway.

A slogan alone is not copyright protected unless it is part of a larger body of work. You can register the copyright for a character if you are the artist who created the character or show proof that you purchased the rights to a character from the holder of those rights.

Troll, your homework is calling you. Please make sure once you finish elementary school that you go to jr high and high school. Maybe then you will be mature enough to get ideas.

• James3 weeks agoReport

Yeah, everyone you disagree with or don't understand, must be a troll.