If God doesn't exist, then how do you explain a dog's ability to bark?

Ha, checkmate, atheists!

Best Answer

Because they can't talk.

• Cowboy

Yet dogs brought Columbus to tears when he encountered them in the Caribbean and they did NOT bark - he could not explain it - didn't god put dogs here to bark?? The answer is that humans bred dogs - they are not a natural species and did not come from any of the gods, we made them and can teach them to bark or not - it's up to us.

• Bill-M

Evolution....................

Barking dogs was a product of human selective breeding - domesticating wolves that were useful in scaring away enemy foes or warning a village of an intruder.

YOU ARE PRETTY STUPID

• Sounds like a personal problem that you need to deal with. I hope all goes well.

So the constant yapping coming from next door is actually an evangelical mission? Makes more sense when you put it that way.

• Nous

Thanks for the way you keep ridiculing Christianity and showing just how childish it is!

• Ted K

Because that barking is all that happens when a dog barks.  If your God DID exist, then every time a dog barked once, your mom would poop out 5 little gold nuggets; 10 barks = 10 gold poop nuggets, 20 barks = 20 nuggets, and so on.  So, if you had a dog that always barked, you'd be filthy rich, and therefore your God would exist.

But, your mom DOESN'T poop out little gold nuggets when your dog barks, she just poops out stinky little poop nuggets, and yells at your dog to "shut up, already."  Therefore your God doesn't exist.

Luckily for me, MY god actually DOES exist, and so every time MY dog barks, my kitchen faucet spits out uncut industrial grade diamonds.  All I have to do is catch them in a strainer before they foul up my garbage disposal, and I can then sell on the world market.  I'm filthy rich.  Too bad that you're not.

Oops, gotta go, I have my weekly crate of diamonds to shlep over to Amsterdam, my private jet is waiting on the tarmac...and God is my copilot.  My god.  Not yours.  'Cause yours doesn't exist.  Sorry.  Buh bye, now...

• Ted K
      4 weeks agoReport

Maybe so (at least according to you), but I can live with that--I remind you that I'M the one about to fly off to Amsterdam and get my weekly check for $15 million, while YOU'RE here whining about my "poor execution."  For me, that's some consolation.  How YOU may feel about that--not my problem.

You embarrass the cause. Please stop.

Source(s): Bless you, my child.
  • poldi2

Its so sad when Christians resort to the most inane and nonsensical arguments and then think they won the discussion.