Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 4 weeks ago

How do I work out 5 minus 2? I know the answer is 4, but I need to know the method?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

It appears you have a condition called polydactylism. Normally one would hold up all the fingers on one hand and then put down 2 of them Most people would get 3. However, since you are getting 4, you must have an extra phalange on that hand.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if it bothers you, you can get it surgically removed. It would certainly help your math ability.

• 4 weeks ago

Its not 3 the format of the problem is 5-3 not 3-5 so it would be -3

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A 3 year old could answer that. Three.

• 4 weeks agoReport

Yes, I agree that a three year old could answer this, and would also say the answer is 4. I am only 2 years old, and very advanced for my age. I specifically asked for the methodology behind this problem, because I have been struggling to put into words the process by which one works out 5-2=4

• 4 weeks ago

4 x 5 = 20

5 x 2 = 10

20/10 = 2

Simple mafs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Well to make it simple, their are about 5,000 stars in our universe, so if you subtract 5000 from when the time Albert Einstein died (creator of math) it was around 4:20 on September 11. So if you subtract 5000 from his death time you would roughly get about 12.975 but if you divide by the square root of gravity 9.8 and multiply the root of 69 you get exactly 4.

• 4 weeks ago

are you really that dumb? the answer is 3.

• husoski
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Thumbs up for the answer, but please don't feed the trolls.

• 4 weeks ago

Ask Joe. . . . . . . . . . . .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.