Why do people like anime and cosplay stuff?

I find it a bit weird, its just like cartoons...

Definitely weird, nothing "like cartoon".  Maybe all you know is Pokémon and Yu Gi Oh.  Watch the first episode of Attack on Titan and tell me if it compares to Sponge Bob.  

Anime is made for people of all age in Japan.  They don't care if it is animated.  Over 70% of all reading material in Japan is Japanese comic books.  The content captivates a whole society, so obviously it will have some influence and appeal to Westerners who are tired of predictable, dumbed-down storylines.  

Anime is much deep and complex that Western storytelling, and just over all better.  There characters are fascinating and well developed, which is why people are compelled to dress up like them, unashamedly, in public.  

• C T

i think reality tv is way weirder and yet it is way more popular than anime yet doesnt get a bad rap.

i mean not only is it extra trashy, its completely contrived and fake to the point where it shouldnt be even be allowed to be called reality... but we like what we like i guess.

Could it be that your so square. Sharply so. If I wasn't to cut bread, I could use you to cut me a slice? It could be that those high-grade stuff in their system is some great chit?

Why, because they like it. No other reason is needed.

storylines are better than any shitty sit coms you watch

Why do people like bananas? I mean that yellow colour is weird, right?

That said, I recommend you actually try watching an anime before passing judgement on them.

• Bee V2

Cosplaying is SO fun because if you like cartoons, youll understand how someone would enjoy dressing up as one of your favorite characters. some people nail it, some people put their own spin on it. its a really fun thing that has endless possibilities

makes me pp hard

they just started puberty

Brings out the childlike of oneself