Is this camera the best to take only pictures or there is another one?

• Frank
    Best Answer

Without knowing your skill level and what types of photography you want to do (e.g. fashion, sports, wildlife, weddings, etc...) it's not possible to say if the 77D is going to be good for you. Based on the feeling that I get from reading your question, I'll assume you're a beginner in photography, and if so, welcome to the world of photography!

The 77D is a very capable camera for a variety of different types of photography. It's like a Swiss Army Knife which has a lot of features, but few are very good while others are laughably bad. The 77D is apparently designed to allow people to successfully try various types of photos. By this I mean that it's probably good enough for you to go out take photos and be happy with the results. However, as your interest in certain types of photography increases (e.g. sports & wildlife) you may discover that you need or want a DSLR body that is not a Swiss Army Knife, but instead one that is purposely built for the kind(s) of photography that you do, and because of that, this other DSLR will provide you with a higher percentage of acceptable results.

So is the 77D the best camera out there for you? Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

• John P

Before you indulge in a technical pursuit such as photography, maybe spend some time on the basics of life, such as using the English language properly.

The EOS 77D is an excellent camera, but then again, there are no 'bad cameras' in the market right now. The years of experience you have, the lens you use and lighting all are more important than the camera body in photography. My advice - buy the 77D and then invest time in it. Once you have spent enough time, upgrade your lens according to the type of photography you enjoy the most and invest more time.

• Andrew

As a Pentax shooter, I wouldn't entertain Canon, but it's your money.

• keerok

The 77D is classified by Canon as an Advanced amateur model so that means all high-end dSLRs are better. The 77D just has an APS-C sensor so again, all full-frame and medium format dSLRs beat it easily.

Don't get me wrong though. Any dSLR is good to take pictures. Picture quality will depend mostly on the photographer's skill. It's just that more expensive cameras make shooting easier and more fun if you know exactly what to do with it.

Mirrorless is never the way with photography, go mirrored