Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

One group wants to tear down statues, shut down rallies with views they do not agree with, eliminate speech they consider hateful and?

then call the other side nazis and fascists

Is that what they call irony?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • James
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Tear what statues down, monuments to traitors who made war on America to keep people as slaves, is good not fascist.

• 4 weeks ago

You got it.          

• 4 weeks ago

Mayors asking to get paid for security at rallies is not trying to shut rallies down. Taxpayers of our cities are tired of getting stiffed by Trump and so are the Kurds.

• Smoking Joe
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Nazis tore down statues of good people. You are defending statues of people that tried to destroy America and fought to keep slavery. There's a difference, but why do you love those democrats so much is the real question?

• 4 weeks ago

"One group wants to tear down monuments to slavery and white supremacy, shut down rallies that advocate the mass extermination of non-whites and promote a white ethnostate, and not be forced to host people that advocate genocide".

The rallies, by the way, aren't even "shut down" they are simply counter-protested. Are counter-protesters not also simply exercising their same rights to speech, expression, and assembly?

• Smoking Joe
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Nazis tore down statues of good people. You are defending statues of people that tried to destroy America and fought to keep slavery. There's a difference, but why do you love those democrats so much is the real question?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I think it is more accurately Hypocrisy.

I think it is rule number four in Rules

For Radicals that goes like this:"Accuse your opponent of that which you do"

• Smoking Joe
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, those are accurate examples.

• T.M. Haverford
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Made an appointment yet, Joe? You seem to be more deranged by the day.

• 4 weeks ago

No one is trying to eliminate your right to express your opinion. Stop making things up.

• Mercuri
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Just tell them they can keep all the confederate statues built before the end of the civil war and watch their heads explode.

• 4 weeks ago

You nailed it perfectly, thank you.

• Will B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I would say so.

• Will B
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I don't. But I think those statues should have been kept as a reminder of what happens when we fail to settle our differences peacefully.

• 4 weeks ago

That's a head scratcher for sure.

• The Moron
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

I'm doing no such thing. You have no knowledge of my views.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.