Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

One group wants to tear down statues, shut down rallies with views they do not agree with, eliminate speech they consider hateful and?

then call the other side nazis and fascists

Is that what they call irony?

• James

Tear what statues down, monuments to traitors who made war on America to keep people as slaves, is good not fascist.

You got it.          

Mayors asking to get paid for security at rallies is not trying to shut rallies down. Taxpayers of our cities are tired of getting stiffed by Trump and so are the Kurds.

• Smoking Joe
      4 weeks agoReport

Nazis tore down statues of good people. You are defending statues of people that tried to destroy America and fought to keep slavery. There's a difference, but why do you love those democrats so much is the real question?

"One group wants to tear down monuments to slavery and white supremacy, shut down rallies that advocate the mass extermination of non-whites and promote a white ethnostate, and not be forced to host people that advocate genocide".

The rallies, by the way, aren't even "shut down" they are simply counter-protested. Are counter-protesters not also simply exercising their same rights to speech, expression, and assembly?

• Smoking Joe
      4 weeks agoReport

I think it is more accurately Hypocrisy.

I think it is rule number four in Rules

For Radicals that goes like this:"Accuse your opponent of that which you do"

• Smoking Joe
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes, those are accurate examples.

• T.M. Haverford
      4 weeks agoReport

Made an appointment yet, Joe? You seem to be more deranged by the day.

No one is trying to eliminate your right to express your opinion. Stop making things up.

• Mercuri
      4 weeks agoReport

Just tell them they can keep all the confederate statues built before the end of the civil war and watch their heads explode.

You nailed it perfectly, thank you.

• Will B

I would say so.

• Will B
      4 weeks agoReport

I don't. But I think those statues should have been kept as a reminder of what happens when we fail to settle our differences peacefully.

That's a head scratcher for sure.

• The Moron
      4 weeks agoReport

I'm doing no such thing. You have no knowledge of my views.