Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Should mass shooters' relatives be prosecuted?

I read about the Northern Illinois University shooter whose girlfriend said she KNEW Kazmierczak had stopped taking meds and had purchased guns yet she did nothing. 

Isn't that to be prosecuted in America?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Possibly.  Knowing he was a danger and doing nothing about it might be considered some sort of complicity.  Depends on the laws of the state most likely.

• Sherry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Have you ever tried reporting someone to the police for 'making you nervous'? They haven't exactly done anything illegal, but you just FEEL FEEL FEEL weird about it? They treat YOU like the crazy one. In fact, the police can choose to arrest you for wasting their time, making false reports, etc.

• Jerome
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Transfer this to Trump's criminal organization.

There is something called the RICO law. Under this law if its established you are part of a drug association, like the head you can be charged.

Even if you didn't do anything or not having knowledge of said drug crimes. You are part of the organization, your associate got caught.

You are guilty.

I keep wondering why when it comes to the president's criminal organization, I mean his administration. He is not connected in any manner. No matter how many HE hired, related to, or give orders to, arrested, convicted, snitched, etc............

When it comes to national security breaches by this nationalist administration.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Generally, no unless it could be proved that they aided and abetted, or had first hand knowledge of that person's plans, and didn't notify the authorities.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I vote for bringing back sanatoriums. If individuals are that mentally ill, they should be institutionalized until stable.

• 1 month ago

Should relatives of known gang-bangers be prosecuted if the former fail to inform authorities that the latter are engaging in activity that might end in someone getting shot?

• 1 month ago

people are allowed to stop taking medication and purchase guns here so it wasn't her fault unless if she encouraged or had a part in the shooting.

• Newton
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

In some cases yes. For example, if a mass shooter's gun belong to the relative and the relative knows that he is potentially violent.

• 1 month ago

It depends on what they do, there's a lot could happen. For example, if he was legally barred from buying a firearm and she purchased one for him at his request, that's illegal and prosecutable (but, unfortunately, probably only known after the fact).

• XY GTHO
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Except I don't believe that was the question. The question says nothing about the illegal action of a straw purchase.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. There is no law in America stating that somebody has to take meds

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.