Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

I'm almost 18 (I'll be 18 on December 5), I don't want a college education so is CDL a decent job?

I was born on 12-05-01. I hated school and have no plans to attend post secondary education. I graduated high school in June of 2019.

• J M

Yes. It is hard work but you can start there.

• Mike L

Find something you enjoy. There are many careers or jobs that don't require a college graduation. Many do require training, which in some cases, can be like school. Good luck.

College is a waste of time. I wish I had gotten my CDL instead of going to college and wasting my parents' money on something I never use.

Don't listen to @Ryde 0n. Self - driving vehicles would only be implemented by greedy companies that would rather do away with their own jobs as the owners/shareholders steal the money from their workers.

They like young, single men to drive because of the stamina and if you put forth enough effort you can make seriously good money.

Self driving vehicles are already a reality though not quite refined or perfected .

How long do you imagine it will be until they are commonplace on the highways ?

Source(s): Something to consider for those considering driving as a career .

Having a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) and a clean driving record can lead to a decent job. Over the road drivers can make $100,000 a year.

There's an acute shortage of truck drivers at the moment, so it's a good time to get into that particular career path. You can potentially start at the same salary (even higher) than someone graduating from a four year university. I would add that college is much different than school, but that's my opinion.