Can i use an earthing mat if my house isnt grounded?  How?

My house isnt grounded, is there a way to use an earthing mat?  Thanks.

• Andy
    Best Answer

If your cold water pipes are metal then connecting the mat to one of them under a sink, etc. should provide a good enough ground for your purposes. Otherwise, you can drive a metal rod or pipe a couple of feet into the ground and run a wire from it in though a window, etc. Neither is an ideal ground but should be plenty good enough for an anti-static (earthing) mat.

Unless you live in a Tree House,or a houseboat... the house is grounded because it is in the dirt. Earth wire= ground wire=DIRT.

When they poured the concrete pad or wall, in one corner where the power comes in there is a 4 foot stake into the ground, usually near the electrical box which is on the corner of the house or attached garage. That is the ground for the entire house.  That is how all houses and garages with power have.  The other ground is the plumbing as  a metal supply pipe is fed into the water meter. That comes from 4 feet down in the ground.

. An earthing mat has to touch the GROUND to work.

. So, I would put it with the other useless stuff you bought. & try and resell it.  Some trades use it for some reason.

Google it and find out who.  I don't care about it.

I just told you, you got ground like every other house built.  You do not live in a bubble.

• Jack4 weeks agoReport

I dont live in the u.s. there are 7 people in the world. Not everyone lives in suburban America. Your answer is completely wrong.

If your house isn't grounded you should call an electrician and get it grounded.

• Jack4 weeks agoReport

I live outside the US and grounding isn't standard. Not everyone lives in suburban America.