Atheists: Why are you so PERPLEXED by God?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

They are not perplexed, they are just denying Him

• Broton
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

No need to deny what doesn't exist

• Git
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Why should it be difficult to understand this perplexity? If the monotheistic god is all powerful, why does he not create a perfect universe. A universe where there is no evil.

Of course, the theist would say that it is because god gave mankind free will. In a perfect universe, free will is irrelevant because with or without it, you can do no evil.

Then they will say: “It because of the Devil”. But wouldn’t a perfect universe make the existence of the Devil impossible? Or better yet, make the Devil good as well?

Or the theist might say: “Man defied god (by eating the forbidden fruit of knowledge)”. With a little foresight god can prevent this sin by not planting that tree there in the first place (you don’t even have to be omniscient to anticipate such an eventuality). But then even this is moot, for in a perfect universe, the Devil would be good too.

The final argument would be that a perfect universe must have good and evil. But that’s Taoism - Yin and Yang. You need to convert.

• 1 month ago

Excuse my language: but what the frick is a perplexed?

• 1 month ago

That is sort of funny because I see theists as perplexed by the concept because it really doesn't follow ration or reason and is whatever you imagine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Who told you that nonsense?

Did you just make that up off the top of your head??

Be honest.

• 1 month ago

I understand many gods quite well, including the gods in the bible. This is why I believe none of them exist, including the gods of the bible.

• barty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We're not perplexed at all.

Contrary to the stories religious leaders tell, unbelief is not the result of not understanding the concept of the religion. It's usually the result of understanding it all too well.

• Broton
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You don't seem to know what words mean

• 1 month ago

It's his followers that perplex me.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Do yourself a favor and look up the definition of 'atheist'.

• Brian
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Then maybe an atheist "perplexed" by God is just beyond you.

• They refuse to understand because they CANNOT understand. Repent and He shall grant you the power of KNOWING.

• Broton
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

But you're being an idiot, so it's fair

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.