exspouse wants more alimony and may go to court...My view is that she had online boyfriend BEFORE divorce and got illegal funds..She lose?

• Linda

There is no way I can answer that without knowing more details. If you want to find out for sure, talk to an attorney.

• mmm

if you were misinforming the court of your wealth - she can go back

other than that - even if you become rich, it just doesn't matter any longer

my aunt received alimony until she got social security - so over 30 years

Spousal support is temporary. And unless your income has changed it won't be granted.

• rick

? Where do you live? How old are you? I haven't heard of anyone getting alimony for over 30 years.

• Talk about it with your attorney. Generally, she will need a good reason to increase it - like you were deceptive in your financial disclosure. Even if you make much more money now than when you were married that is not a factor. The maintenance is based on lifestyle while married, not after marriage. (Unlike child support. That can be increased because your kids should get to share in you success. But not your ex wife.)

I don't think what she was doing with an on-line boyfriend will be a factor. But the burden of proof is on her to make a case and it has to be based on marital income. Judges will not overturn an existing agreement without a good reason.

gotta have proof