How can claimed Christians believe they're in a RIGHTEOUS belief when GOD SAID differently in another Scripture?

APPARENTLY

YOU HAVE MISINTERPRETED SCRIPTURE (II PETER 1:20-21) OR

MAN HAS "ADDED" (GENESIS 6:5; REVELATION 22:18-19)!

Your question makes me think of how you have rejected scripture after scripture. You take some select phrases out of their context, you add words to scripture and completely reject or deny others. You remind me of 2Peter 3:16.

• JoeBama
      1 month agoReport

That leaves one baptism remaining by the time Ephesians was written.

You're exalting SELF, with no humility, no love and you're misusing scripture.

So utterly mixed up, nobody can correct it.

As Annsam said in scripture, only the Lord, who is God is righteous.

You are not gathering. You are scattering.

The bible teaches love, one accord.

You carnally set yourself above.

And there's no evidence you will hear or obey the Lord.

You are in trouble, yet blame everyone else.

No humility.

You're the only one...that's false.

Christians who know the Bible are clearly told that "There is no-one righteous, no not even one..." (Acts 3:10 and repeated elsewhere). They know that God is righteous, for that is a quality of His very Being. They know that the righteousness of God was publicly displayed at Golgotha, though nobody understood that until after the resurrection of the crucified Christ. They trust in God's righteousness, not any vainly supposed righteousness in themselves.

As to belief - well, that is either right, or it is wrong. It cannot be in itself 'righteous', for only God is righteous.

Those who acknowledge having no righteousness in themselves, but that only God is righteous, are in a right relationship with Him, through faith in Christ.

• I have never used the phrase righteous belief. But I am made righteous in Christ

• Norine1 month agoReport

"If any man preach any other gospel let him be ACCURSED" (Gal 1:6-9) and RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD (Rm 5:12; I Cor 15:21-22) is "What we preach and what we believe" (I Cor 15:11)!

• Cowboy

All religions change over time, after awhile the Bible will become passe....in favor of a Christian political party.

• Norine1 month agoReport

On the contrary! We will continue to be "EDIFIED" by those GOD SENDS until we become MORE SPIRITUAL (Ephesians 4:11-13)! IT IS HERE AND IT IS NOW!

I don't believe in the Bible., I believe in the Holy Spirit,.a part of God, not a book

Same can be asked of YOU.

Everything YOU say can be refuted in another scripture as well.

EVERYONE believes EVERYONE ELSE has ((((MISINTERPRETED)))) "scripture".

• Norine1 month agoReport

"All ***SCRIPTURE*** [II Pet 1:20-21] is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (II Tim 3:16)!