Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why do hardcore feminists not understand what makes women special and valued in society?

Women value other women for their sisterhood and men value women for their femininity, mother like qualities for potential children, and kindness. All things which modern feminists want to destroy. They want women to be more competitive with each other, less feminine, more abrasive and masculine, more “independent” from men, and less of mother figures to their children as they push for more women working more often and focused on their careers. When you have an entirely masculine society, it’s ridiculous. Why don’t feminists see the value in femininity? They try to push men to be less masculine and women to be more masculine but they fail to see the value in masculine men and feminine women which makes me so confused 

• Foofa

It's the financially secure man who can afford to value women solely for their "femininity, mother like qualities for potential children, and kindness". Turns out most guys need a woman capable of paying half the mortgage...and in the modern labor landscape you don't earn the big bucks for being a softie. Maybe if guys could figure out how to earn enough to support an entire household women wouldn't feel the need to have to go out and slay dragons alongside their male coworkers. Before Sen. Warren stole all Bernie Sanders' idea and became a radical leftist she actually wrote a book about this. It's called 'The Two Income Trap', you should read it. Rare is the man these days who can afford a spouse that isn't earning a good living.

"Femininity" was invented by men to enslave and oppress women. It's a GENDER ROLE. It's not the same as your biological sex. It's putting little girls in scratchy pink frills, forbidding them from exploring the natural world like the natural curious scientists all little kids are, and pushing them into a box where they must value their looks and male approval over their own mind, thoughts, and feelings. I ******* HATED IT. Why don't you listen to women who tell you this oppressed them? Because, you, a man, knows better. *SNORT*

I have no issue with women who want to be mothers, on their own terms. Absolutely great for them. They should be getting societal support and income for their vital role in keeping the species ALIVE. I don't think copying toxic masculinity or hyper-competitive styles and power abuses is a good thing either. Copying men is the last thing I want to do.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Pursuing a life that has meaning to you as a human being doesn't make you less of a woman or a man. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I cannot set my own course for my life, just as you can. That whole idea is the reason there is feminism.

No, dear. A proper feminist does not want that. She wants a woman to have the choice.Not all women love children for instance. That's without any interference from feminists. MANY,, MANY women have interests other than cooking and cleaning.None of these things are wrong or from 'feminism.' Women got tired of being told they could only do one thing in life as if they were all out of one cookie cutter mould.

How would you like to be told your only job would be, say, a dishwasher, and you would see the benefit from it only if your boss was generous, sober and kind? And to know that if your dishwashing boss were to get bored with you and find a new replacement, you now had no skills EXCEPT dishwashing and would probably end up in poverty.

• Greg

Some of us value people for being people. While men and women have some differing special characteristics, I considered fellow employees to be employees.