What should i major in if i wanted to be a financial advisor?

Currently im at my local community college, almost done. I'm majoring in Business Admin, but if i wanted to be a financial advisor should i change to finance or economics or something once i get to my four year?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

sdfsdfsfsdfsdfdsf

• 3 weeks ago

sdsdfdsfdsfdsfsdf

• 4 weeks ago

lol. A college degree does not qualify you for being a financial adviser. There is a multi-step ("semester") program to become a Certified Financial Planner. Check it out.

• August
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Business admin will teach you nothing and it looks like you have wasted 4 years of your life

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Major in accounting. After you get your 4 year degree, take the additional classes you need to become a CPA.

You will them be qualified to get a job with a starting salary of over $70K per year in the finance industry, as an adviser or a fund manager.

Please, please wait 3 or 4 years before you buy yourself a boat or vacation condo.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

you're in college. they should have resources to help you figure things out. asking online is fine for ideas. but working with a team in person is what really moves things forward. talk with a counselor or adviser at your school. they should have one for students to help declare major's. see if you can even talk with a professor in the field of study. talk about what it takes, job outlook, career growth, other opportunities you may not be aware of.

they are there for students. so use the resources available to you.

then when you figure out, start looking for internship opportunities. some colleges will let you take them in the fall in place of college credit. so that's something to look to when you transfer.

otherwise, apply for intern jobs in the spring for the summer. even if it isn't paid, the experience you can put on a resume will be far more valuable than any random part time job like in retail. some colleges will have job fairs where employers and recruiters will come to talk to students. again, ask a counselor if such happens. otherwise, use job board sites like glassdoor or even linkedin and see what's out there in your area.

• Don G
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Finance and Accounting

• Never
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

One is not really any better than the other. HOWEVER, getting hired is not based on your education. Firms hire brokers who have $$$ contacts. Because your job is to bring assets to the firm.

• Never
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

My answer remains the same. You have to bring high net worth people to the firm who want you to manage their money.

• 4 weeks ago

Finalncial avisation

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.