Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 4 weeks ago

Bought an item on eBay from Texas. I live in Texas so why is it shipping out of state?

I bought something off of eBay that was from Fort Worth, Texas. I live in a little town called college station maybe 3 hours from Dallas/Fort Worth. It’s shipping through fedex. It’s apparently gonna take 3-4 days to get here despite the short distance. I lol today and my product is in Tennessee???

Standardization sends shipments to sorting centers then they are sorted by locale and sent out with other packages.

Call me 'wild & crazy' here, but I'd say that's where Fedex's sort facility is.  

FedEx packages rarely go directly from one town to another, even when the towns are close together. Packages go to the local distribution center and then to the primary distribution center in Memphis, Tennessee, and then back out to the local distribution center in or near your town. Apparently, in your case, Fort Worth and College Station do not have the same local distribution center.