why do young attractive women think they are entitled to not be catcalled?

catcalling is freedom of speech

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

lol has this become the new gender studies section?

• 4 weeks ago

why do you abuse your freedom of speech??

you don't understand what entitlement means if you inaccurately use it in your question

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Since when did that become the way to meet someone? Can't you walk up to her & introduce yourself (without staring at her boobs)?

• steve
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Everyone regardless of gender or appearance is entitled to not get unwanted attention.

However when I was younger my partner used to get wolf whistles and catcalls everyday she used to turn round and give two fingers to the person or people. Then she would smile.

I once asked why if she was offended enough to lob the v's why did she smile. She said while it wasn't invited it was a compliment and boosted her ego.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

For the same reason people should not have racist and homophobic slurs screamed at them when they walk down the street. It's a form of verbal assault and makes going outside a miserable/degrading/terrifying experience, just as the assailant intends it to.

• 4 weeks ago

spoken like a true entitled narcissist, men scare me

• 4 weeks ago

because they would rather be approached and talked to about minecraft. duh

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Freedom of speech involves freedom to listen. If i don't want to listen to you, should you be allowed to impose your speech on me?

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because it's a form of bullying, verbal assault, intimidation and it's rude, disrespectful and immature.

Only a really ignorant boy thinks it;s okay to cat-call.

It lets everyone within earshot know that he's a silly little boy who doesn't know how to behave.

• 4 weeks ago

Why do men - they don't even have to be young and attractive - think that they're entitled to not have me sneak up behind them and whisper that they have a purdy mouth? They seem to think that me exercising my freedom of speech means they can break the law by assaulting me! That is FASCISM!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.