Does this make sense as a future chaplain and lgbt?

I refuse to help fundies of any type

• reme_1

If you are going to be in a church it had better be one that is welcoming to all. CAll the gay center and talk to the counselor. He or she can give you the names of welcoming churches in the area.

No, chaplains can't "refuse" to help someone. You are UNSUITED to the job if that's your stance.

• abcdef

Point of personal disclosure: I am LGBT and an agnostic. You are a chaplain - denomination doesn't matter. What facility do you work in? Do you work with inmates? No matter. As an interfaith chaplain, you are required to work with all people regardless of their beliefs. You must guide them, help them. Your refusal to work with some people because of their personal beliefs is not helpful. You do not have to get into a debate about their fundamentalism, you just need to deal with the issues that are before them. If you cannot, then you are not able to do your job properly and you need to seek out other employment. It is like the doctor in an area where abortion is permitted by law refusing to help a woman who needs help in terminating her pregnancy for whatever reason. Your personal beliefs should not interfere with your job. I sense that you and I agree on LGBTQ+ issues, but you need to put aside your prejudices if you are going to help a person.

I know a man that is a chaplain and he would help anybody.

• Brian

You'd make a fine fundie.

• Justin

You need to read up on the 'enhanced penalties' for those masquerading as 'Christians' while misguiding others for exploitation, greed, lust and other evil. The Bible even gives it a name as a distinct tradition, calling it the 'way of Balaam,' (2 Peter 2:10-22, Jude 1:10-16).

You are far better off just being an open atheist and denier of Christ and GOD.