Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Are you teaching your children to drink liquor and smoke, simply by just having liquor and cigarettes in the house? Why or Why not?

If so, are you get rid of all the liquor in the house, and stop smoking anywhere your children can see you?

My mom smoked cigarettes around me when I was little. I'm 30 and I have never smoked a cigarette

• RICK

I did smoke when my kids were growing up and there is usually wine in the house

None of the kids, now adults, smoke or drink to excess

• Dimo

Question:

Are you teaching your children to drink liquor and smoke, simply by just having liquor and cigarettes in the house?

Answer: No.

Question:

Why or Why not?

Answer:

Children are intelligent, know that there is things that adults do that children don't do and vice versa.

Anonymous trolls post because they intelligent enough to know they post STUPID.

I haven't beaten the etymology of a word to death in front of my children yet. Most people don't know how that's done because they've never seen it. Nor have they performed as a psychological counselor or lay minster because they have never seen how that is done. They may be mean to blacks or have an idea how to ask a girl out or drive a car but what any of us know is what has been modeled for us by someone else. For the basic functions of life, it was our parents.

The idea that people smoke and drink is something they would pick up from you. And alot of teens do it because of that. They are the trappings of adulthood and they have to put on the costume as they know it in order to see what needs to be tailored. I don't think you can control fully what gets modeled for them but if it's a concern for you, yes, you can try your best for as long as possible keep those ideas away from them. Don't expose them to animal husbandry or booze bottles.

• David

That's none of your nosey business!

• It is Very Meaningful that you answered this person that way.   Sounds like YOU are one of the ones teaching your children that it is okay to smoke and drink. Good Luck to them.