Charlie asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

Do you agree with dying an animal's fur?

I saw this video about a woman whose obsessed with the color pink and her obsession got so out of control that she even dyes her cat pink. To be honest this wouldn't bother me so much if the cat seemed to be enjoying it. However the poor thing was trying to get out of the bucket being used to dye It's fur and it's owner wouldn't let it leave the bucket. So as for my question well it really depends because if it doesn't seem to be bothering the animal then I wouldn't mind but if it's bothering the animal then that's just cruel and selfish. So do you agree with dying an animal's fur?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ken S
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's abuse. cats lick to clean their fur all the time

• Charlie3 weeks agoReport

Yeah that could happen but as long as the dye is pet safe, it won't hurt them.

• 3 weeks ago

I agree with you. If the animal doesn't mind and if you are using a pet safe dye, go for it. But if it stresses the animal out then don't do it.

• 3 weeks ago

If it is food dye or a dye meant for pets, then it is no more "cruel" than giving an animal a bath.

• Charlie3 weeks agoReport

Well they'll just get saliva on them again anyway, also like I said cats have oil in their fur so bathing them will dry out their fur. Yeah I don't mind if it doesn't seem to be bothering them but if they're meowing and trying to get out of the bucket then that's selfish.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

No, the dye they use is for humans and therefore toxic. Not only can it kill the animal, but it causes lots of stress and can even leave them in need of emergency vet care. It is classified as animal cruelty.

There may be some non toxic ones, but even then it causes severe stress.

• Nathan
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

What some may enjoy is the attention and soothing feeling of being rubbed, however they don't enjoy being dyed. Often due will also leave their fur with an door or taste that unsettled the animal when grooming. Apart from appearance, there is no positive part of thjs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

no if you are going to dye it then you just as well use fake fur

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.