Can someone put this in Layman's terms for me?

It shall be unlawful for any person, company or corporation to require of its servants or employees, as a condition of their employment or otherwise, any contract or agreement whereby such person, company or corporation shall be released or discharged from liability or responsibility on account of personal injuries received by such servants or employees while in service of such person, company or corporation, by reason of the negligence of such person, company or corporation, or the agents or employees thereof, and such contracts shall be absolutely null and void.

Best Answer

It means employers can't say they are not liable for injuries caused to employees because of the employer's negligence (e.g. not doing everything they are supposed to do to make the work safe or leaving stuff in a dangerous condition). Even if someone has signed a contract that says the employer is not liable, it doesn't count.

Thank you, Lord Bacon. I have to review Wyoming Consitution in Pols class and my brain is just becoming a jumble of mess. I really appreciate it.