Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Can I lose weight by running 30 minutes per day?

Absolutely. Combined with a good diet you could lose the weight very quickly. I’ve lost 18lbs in the last couple months without exercise and light dieting (I have an awful and slow metabolism). I honestly didn’t have to try hard to lose this weight, especially because I’m very busy and can’t find time for it sometimes. I basically just portion and watch what I eat. If you’re disciplined, and it sounds like you’re much more disciplined than me, should be a piece of cake.

Doing running is good but you have to do some other weight loss exercises. Like cardio and must take the advice of a trainer.

Probably not much.  Weight loss is 80% diet. If you want to lose weight/fat, you need to decrease your calorie consumption to a point where you are eating less that your body needs in a day.  Use a BMR calculator (free online) to determine your basic calorie need for your GOAL weight.  Then track your consumption and eat no more than that amount of calories per day.  If possible, cut out junk food, fast food, snacks, sweets, and soft drinks.  

As for running, how many calories you burn will depend on your current height, weight, gender, and speed.  The bigger you are and the faster you run, the more calories you will burn.  Still, it. probably won't be more than what you could remove from your diet by cutting portion sizes at one meal. That doesn't mean you shouldn't run or get daily exercise.  You should.  It just is a truth that weight loss is about changing what, how much, and when you eat. 

Yes, as long as your activity is reinforced with diet, proper food portioning, nutritionally sound foods, avoiding processed foods and sugary drinks.

• Satan

Most likely if youre overweight - if you're not and youre underweight, then no.

• Logan

Probably not. Running only burns 100 calories per mile. If you are not dieting, you will just eat a little more to make up the difference.

• susie

Yes you can providing you don't consume any extra calories. 

• Rick B

Sure. If you also limit your caloric intake so that you are burning more calories than you consume.

Losing weight is a very simple math equation. Burn more calories than you ingest, and you will lose weight.

Well, no one can determine that. Losing weight is 70% what you eat and 30% exercise.

If you run 30 minutes a day but then eat five pizzas, six burgers, a cake and a bag of chips, not only are you going to not lose weight but you're gonna gain a ton of it.

However, if you eat healthily, yes you will lose weight. You don't have to leave candy and fast food forever but don't eat them that frequently. Eat lots of vegetables and protein. Have many small meals a day and drink plenty of water.

Good luck!

depends how much food you shove into that huge mouth of yours everyday

You lose weight by burning more calories than you consume

just going out and running doesnt mean anything by itself

Think of it like a basket of apples, say you have 10 apples in a basket and you take one out every day but you put two in afterward, its not possible to empty the basket in that way.