Patrick asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 4 weeks ago

Wanna live a life in USA so bad?

Hey yall. I'm a Japanese American and living in Japan now. Cutting to the chase, I wanna live in the us so bad. I wanna pursue my music career that I can't do here in Japan bc the music here is trash. (No offense) 

My parents are like "Nooo you shouldn't. You should get a job here in Japan." , but I can't stop thinking about moving.

Should I do it? What do u guys think?

Best Answer

It depends largely on whether you have US citizenship as others say.

I wonder why your parents say "Nooo you shouldn t. You should get a job here in Japan.". Japan is a country where population is declining and expected to decline in the next few decades. There is no prospect of Japan expanding in the future, but just that of shrinking.

In this sense, if you are young(and I assume you are because you think about music career), it s better to move to the US. I think you should ask your parents WHY they think you should find a job in Japan.

• RICK

If you hold dual citizenship its easy, otherwise moving here isn't going to happen

no, if you want to come to USA , You can understand how to stay here.

Are you prepared financially to support yourself and pursue employment? If it’s really your dream, pursue it, but plan it well beforehand so it works out well. Your parents probably have the same concerns.

• Robin

i suggest that you go and see s pyscharist as soon as possible as liveing in Japan is so much better than USA. ANytone that wants to move to USA must be insane. I have travelled to most of this world and Japan is so much better than USA

• Patrick4 weeks agoReport

Thanks for ur comment man! If u don't mind, really hope you'll reply.
      In what terms u think japans much better than USA? Thanks,

If you hold a US passport, you can move to the US.

Obviously this doesn't give you any support in doing so, or guarantee you a music career (or in fact any career). How do you plan to support yourself?

• Jay P

If by "Japanese American" you mean you hold dual citizenship, moving to the US is as simple as packing your bags and jumping on a flight. If you are not already a US citizen, moving to the US is far more difficult.

But I suggest you take some time, research where in the US you want to live, and come over for a vacation first to see firsthand what the people, culture, and music scene are like to see if this is where you really want to pursue your dreams.