Anonymous

Is it worth starting a degree course in India at 30 years of age?

I am nearly 30 and dropped out of college in 2012 and worked many telecaller jobs and stayed home of depression for a long time. No idea what to do... Please help

you can have classes at college I think it might be evening classes usually but can be daytime. You should follow your dreams btw !

• Lv 7

Yes. Don't worry about the age.

Your purpose in life might be much greater than just your own personal happiness. You didn't make yourself, so you can't tell yourself why you were made. Even the great philosphers were only guessing about their purpose and the meaning of life.

The saddest thing that can ever happen to a person is to go to their grave never knowing why they were here. To find out what your purpose is, you must go to your Maker and ask. Do so humbly and sincerely and you are guaranteed to get your answer.

Seek a fellow countryman for the way.

His name is RAVI ZACHARIAS.

30 is no age at all. One of my colleagues trained as an architect and only qualified in his 60s. (It was touch and go whether he would get his accreditation before or after his retirement.) Do a course you are interested in and it will open a world of possibilities; don't worry about having dropped out, you just weren't ready. Seven years on I am sure you will make much more of it than you did the first time.

• keerok

Yes it's worth it but you must be completely up to going back to school.

the critical question is -- what do you wish to do in your life? With rising life expectancy, you'll likely be able to work for another 40 years, at least. I can see how you're not wanting a life of telecalling jobs. There are plenty of other sales jobs in virtually all lines of business. Perhaps there's degree course that prepares you for such work -- that is, if you want such work. you might want a completely different line of work [accounting, for example], which would require entirely different preparation and degree. Or IT technician. Or database administrator, or human resources manager. -- best advice: Figure out what you want to do BEFORE starting any degree course.

Source(s): granddad -- I'm an American. MBA/CPA, now retired.
    • Dheeraj4 weeks agoReport

Thanks, hey I have no clue about what I should do... I mean how on earth one knows that thing...can you say something

Yes it is. I have known people start courses in their 40s. (I did a post grad course older than that) Mature students often perform far better and get more out of it because they have more experience. Education especially in your part of the world is key to success, so I would think if you have opporrtunity you should take grab it with both hands.

• Dheeraj4 weeks agoReport

Thanks for opening my eyes to the truth..I appreciate it