Is it illegal to sell my own college essays?

I graduated college and I have a bunch of essays taking up space on my computer, but I don’t want to delete them. I spent a lot of time writing them and I made good grades as well

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You can try this website http://essaysshop.com

• 3 weeks ago

I think there are some websites where you can submit your old college essays, some of which may pay. Or you can sell it to students directly. If I were you, I would be careful to mention that you are selling it for the purpose of a "sample" or "template". This way, you won t be accused of enabling other students to copy and submit your essay.

• 4 weeks ago

It isn't illegal for your to sell your own work.  It is plagiarism for someone to use that work and pass it off as their own.  

• Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You should directly ask your college if they know of any repositories for old essays, notes, etc. My college DID have a program for gathering class notes. You would make some money with this if you sold them your class notes. They didn't want essays, homework, or test answers, for obvious reasons. So, if you go directly to your college with your idea, then you look more responsible and helpful. It's best to be upfront so that you don't have any trouble down the line.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

you would be aiding and abetting others to cheat. while it may not be illegal ... it surely is immoral.

• 4 weeks ago

It's not illegal to sell them, per se.

Depending on your jurisdiction, it may be illegal to sell them for the purpose of other people handing them in as their own essay.

And of course, if they were written and submitted in classes recently (in the last decade or two), they are useless for that purpose anyway, since they'll be in the Turnitin database already.

• 4 weeks ago

You have to be careful how you sell them. If you sell them for cheating that is illegal, something to do with conspiracy to defraud. But you can sell them as example essays for study of how to do a good essay.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's not illegal but I doubt there will be much of a market for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.