Does this look infected?

I've had a small metal splinter in my hand for about two weeks and never got around to removing it because it wasn't causing any problems until this morning. I could hardly close my hand and touching anywhere near the site was excruciatingly painful. After toughing out my day I started trying to remove the metal splinter and dark yellow puss started draining.

• Bill

it is infected

get to a doctor for some antibiotics and a tetnus jab. If you don't get profession help , you could get blood poisoning and loose the hand

If your hand is that sore, I suggest you go to an urgent care facility or a hospital emergency room. You could have a more serious infection than you realize. It may even require IV antibiotics and several days in the hospital. A splinter, even on that is metal should not cause such severe symptoms and if you keep laying around with it you could end up with an infection in the bones in your hand. It is called osteomyelitis and actually could result in the amputation of your hand. Take this seriously!

Puss is a good sign that it’s infected.

• Petter
      4 weeks agoReport

No picture, but if there's puss no picture is needed. It's definitely infected.