Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

Would it make sense for a griffin that is occupying a castle to have two nests?

One on top of a tower or turret and one inside the castle when it is raining/winter.

• denise

Yes, the one on the turret can be used to keep watch for interlopers.

One nest is their home in some sequestered part of the castle, one is a look-out point from which to protect it, from which he/she one day sees something suspicious.

• Andrew

Oh, look, that nutter who's always on about creatures is back. I figured you had been institutionalised. Right back at it, I see. Good for you. If you're going to be a madman, at least be obsessive about it. I like your style.

Well, he'd obviously need an inside nest and an outside nest, but keep in mind that he'll also need a spacious Great Hall to entertain his guests. Those Castle-Occupying Griffins do love to socialise, and it's a sure bet that the Stag King Who Was Once A Human, the Lizard Who Lords Over The Swamp and the Gorilla Who Occupies The Neighbouring Castle will all be asked over quite often, so it would be wise to make sure he can accommodate everyone.

• Tina

No, of course not. Griffins are known to be very fastidious. The creature in question would be occupying the state apartments and its nestlings would be accomodated in the nursery, under the care of a Nurse Griffin.

Don't remember that from my years of watching Noggin the Nog, although I am not sure what species Graculus actually was.

• Cogito

As griffins are fictional, if you're writing a story you can make them do anything you like.  You could make them pass their days knitting or making ceramic pots if you choose to.

Only if it had a model year that was pne year earlier than the calendar year.

You can't fool us. It's obvious that you're the same psycho.

How about a third for when they are partying with Bud Platinum too?