Why do you christians say that I’m going to hell when I don’t believe in hell even exists?

There’s no such place that I can say is true that hell exists if it does nobody can prove it it’s just a faery tale like I have said all night tonight on this damn forum now, to tell you about my religious story I never was brought up in church I lived with my mother who was a Buddhist when she grew up in Thailand when she had me she didn’t know a thing about christianity thus, not making me believe in such a religion my father though was an American and he didn’t say nothing to me about any religious beliefs so I never had a religion that I followed whilst I was growing up which I really didn’t give a **** about religion at that time anyway I found witchcraft though when I was 15 years old through a book that a friend of mine had so until I was age 45 I started thinking about taking on Wicca and Paganism I studied it through a book that I found at books a million there I read the book and started practicing rites by myself as well as using the spirit board as well now that I’m age 48 I am commited to the Wicca/pagan religion but with no info of what christianity is or was I find it a great big laugh for many of the things about it I just was never raised into the religion so therefore I’m not gonna believe in such a thing I just would rather stay at the religion that I follow now and I wish that everybody would understand my religion as well I’m open for all your answers but that’s my life story about my religion and christian religion thank you for taking the time to read

• Best Answer

"Hell" has been a part of pagan beliefs for thousands of years before Christianity got it confused with a trash incinerator pit just south of Jerusalem.

Every culture in the world saw Hell as a place of rest. After death the soul goes to the underworld to literally "rest in peace".

Paul never mentions any Hell that we should be concerned about being tortured in. He treats it like the end of life, which only going to Paradise can save you from.

This is why there's no way I can ever believe in a torturous after life. It was clearly developed over time as the mythos snowballed. The interesting thing about the Christian canon is that you can actually see the mythology develop from Paul to Revelation.

• Donald
      4 weeks agoReport

wow....... you really believe all this? how nice your views are not real. you have been lied to. i hope this helps

There is a hell and if you are pagan then you will find out what the temperature is and ask Fireball because she will catch one day and do not know what to say.

An appeal to personal incredulity is a logical fallacy, dear one. Think again.

I don't say that you're going to hell. I say that people go to hell to be purified of sin. Why, do you have unresolved sins?

• Chris

Hell exists regardless of what you believe about it, and you can avoid going there. There is only one way to avoid going to hell.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

If you end up there, I guess you'll know you were wrong.

Not believing in ell is foolish. It doesn't mean that you won't go there for all of eternity just because you don't believe it exists - because it does - believe me.

Jesus Christ died on the Cross to save us from the fate/destiny of spending eternity if ell but if you reject His sacrifice for your sins then God will have no alternative but to send you to Hell when the day of Judgement arrives. You certainly won't be spending it in heaven with God and His wonderful Son who died for our sins. Jesus Christ is the only Name on earth, given amongst men whereby we MUST be saved (Acts 4:12)

If you don't make Jesus Christ your Lord whilst you list I this world, then the only alternative is for you to pay your own punishment for sins, so of course you will e banished to Hell for eternity to suffer the flames of torment.

As former atheist C.S. Lewis pointed out, "A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell."

Whether you believe in certain things or not has no bearing on whether those things exist, or not.

However, as a Christian, I do NOT say that you are going to hell because only God makes decisions on that and I do not know the mind of God as to which individuals are going to end up where, once they step out of time and enter eternity. But, as a Christian, I do warn to all who will listen, of how Jesus spoke of hell and the need to do whatever it takes to avoid ending up there. I urge people like yourself to read His words of warning and to consider them seriously. Try Luke chapter 16, second half, for starters. Then go to Revelation 21:7-15.

You are free to continue to disbelieve, but that will have no bearing on spiritual facts that apply after we leave the material realm and enter that other 'dimension' - the dimension of spirit. The existence of hell is for unrepentant rebels against God, but Jesus died to enact a legal requirement to have sinners freely pardoned, without God violating His own standards of righteous judgment. You may avail yourself of that amazing grace, while you have breath in your body.

Then it shouldn't bother you. I've never been bothered by someone telling me that, ever in my life.

• Yeshua

I do respect others and what they believe. I may not agree but not sharing how someone who is high above anyone of us and is perfect. Sacrificed his life so we would have everlasting life through Him. Knowing that saving one person He still would have done it.That is the greatest gift known to man. 

• Yeshua
      4 weeks agoReport

He already was King of the universe before He came.

You do realize that just because you do or don't believe that something exists doesn't mean that you are necessarily right? If that were true then logically Christians believing that Hell does exist would have to be correct. But the fact is that something can't not exist and exist at the same time. One of you is right and one of you is wrong. It really doesn't matter what you believe, only what is true.