Interview at Bath and Body works?

I needed a job and applied to bath and bath works because I like that store. Problem is it’s in an area where mostly black/Spanish and I’m worried about being discriminated against because I’m white. And most people are going to say you’re a racist piece of **** . But I’m not and I’ve seriously have been treated poorly or outcasted when I’ve worked with blscks people also treated bad bedside they always wanted to be better than me. I’m 24 as well. I want to go to the interview but I just have this feeling it’s going to happen again. I worked at an Irish restaurant for some time and was treated fine but everytime I work with non-whites theatres always an issue... it makes me feel apprehensive after working there now. I’m white pasty and Irish , should I go to interview or try to find another job with my own people and avoid the discrimination? Help please

Best Answer

"should I go to interview or try to find another job with my own people"

Try to find another job with your own people

No, it’s not that you’re white that you won’t get hired, it’s the fact that you have poor English skills. If you don’t take the time to double check what you write then what makes you think that bath and body works will hire you when you don’t take the time to proofread. Bedside instead of besides. Theatres instead of there’s. Even with spellcheck, you managed to misspell blacks.

Let this be a lesson to you. If your grammar is bad, the hiring manager is going to throw your résumé away.