Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

how do i get my cat to pee somewhere else?

i have a cat thats 1yr old, she only pees on my bed or in plant pots.  she has a litter box that i clean out all the time to try to get her to use it, but she wont.  onetime when i was laying in bed she peed on my feet and i tried to get her to stop and she hissed at me.  i dont know how to deal with her but shes been doing this for weeks now, she hasnt used her litter box in a month and a half, please help, my mum is very angry

• Maxi
    Best Answer

Take the cat to the vet for a health check as it is highly likely she has a UTI... if not then keep the cat out of the bedroom, remove pot plants and change the type of litter you use to another or even soil and see if she will use that

• Ken S

Get dr elseys cat attract litter a bit expensive but works

Get rid of her. You should have had her seen by a vet when the problem started. Its a habit now.. And wont stop, not even if the bladder infection is resolved. Once cats start peeing outside of the box, they are too stupid to relearn.

• PR

Your cat probably has a bladder infection. With this infection, they experience pain when they urinate, so they avoid the litter box, and they also have accidents and can't control when they urinate; they may need to suddenly urinate so they can't get to the box.

Since the cat feels pain when peeing, it might avoid the box since it thinks the box could be causing the pain. Take kitty to the vet and they will take a urine sample and likely prescribe antibiotics to clear up the infection. You need to take care of this or the cat can get bladder stones. 

Don't wait, but take kitty to the vet.

Unless you have other animals who are suddenly keeping kitty from her litter box, this is likely what is going on.

Geezus. Why the Hell haven't you gotten this cat to a vet? It probably has a UTI or bladder infection and equates the pain with the litterbox.

GET THIS HORRIBLY NEGLECTED CAT TO A VET! I can't believe you've done nothing for WEEKS. Have YOU ever experienced how painful a UTI can be????