Why do I feel more focused when I write notes by hand?

The problem with writing by hand is that it's extremely time consuming but it helps me with retention but why? is it because i'm obsessed with my own handwriting?

because you are concentrating on what you are writing and using your hands for

• Lv 7

Your mind is more active when you have to write it down. When you type, you are just pushing buttons on a keyboard. When you write, you are physically tracing out each letter to form a word.

• Ray4 months agoReport

You are correct. I find it mentally engaging when I write versus when I type. It's just strange how despite this, people still find text on the internet to be comprehensible.

It is the way the human mind works. Some great typists can type 50 words per minute and have their mind on something else. It just seems to go from their eyes to their fingers. So yes, you are more involved and more focused

Why do you think I can read your mind?