Same laptop?

I want to bring my laptop to school, but they have the laptops that look just like mine, but mine says Samsung on it, thats one of the only differences, what should i do so they dont accuse me of anything?

Best Answer

Rest assured that even if you had an IDENTICAL laptop to theirs, they would have to prove ownership before they could legally take it from you. (Chances are that most of theirs are already labeled "property of School District" or some other identification anyway.) In reality, yours is a different model/brand and cannot easily be confused with the laptops handed out by the school. You're fine.

ask security at your school

Hi. You can actually prove it with the fact that they don't have the Admin account on Your computer, which means even if they take it they should find the big (honking big)

sticker that says "NOT a school laptop : Property of _____" that You place outside the cover for the system RAM / harddrive.

It also matches the one on the power brick.

G'Luck!!!

ask the school's IT department in advance. odds are your laptop won't work with their network unless they install special networking software

Yours Is branded.

I think the fact that yours is branded and that would be difficult to add on your own would be enough. Try to determine what sort of inventory control scheme they use. If they engrave an identifier on the bottom, that would also be difficult to fake. If you're using the home version of Windows instead of the pro or education version they would likely be using, that's yet another point you can show them.

• keerok

At least a day before you bring the laptop to school, ask permission from your teacher or better yet, principal.

Just because your laptop is identical doesn't mean they will accuse you.

They may question you, but I doubt they would bother accusing you. Don't act suspicious.