Why do conservatives pretend to be experts in law and the Constitution?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect

Conservatives think that they're smart and well-informed... lol

Facts seem to disagree with them most of the time though

• 2 months ago

In general I think they have a better grasp of both. Generally, Conservatives become Conservatives because they choose to start thinking about the issues instead of just reacting too them.

• 2 months ago

You mean when conservatives tell you that The Constitution says they have an inalienable right to bear arms a liberal would, instinctively, know that to be untrue?

• 2 months ago

They don't pretend they're experts they pretend they wrote it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Because they tend to want to interpret the Constitution according to their beliefs.  And differently depending on what party holds the White House.  Just for instance, if Obama had wanted to steer the G7 Convention to a hotel complex he just happens to own, the Republicans would have gone ballistic!  We would never have stopped hearing about it!  But when Trump does it, they say 'Emolument clause?  WHAT emolument clause?'

If the Constitution says whatever you say it says, then you are indeed an expert!  You can say exactly what it says!

• 2 months ago

Why do leftists do exactly the same thing.

• Thomas
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They want to feel good, and by doing that they want to feel like they actually achieved something for once in their lifetime.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

We are actual Americans who stayed awake in Civics class.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They have the math skills of a 5 year old. The logic used in law would be like alien language to them.

• Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Got a transcript of it, white trash? I can make all kinds of claims too. You must be one of those inbred white trash where the genetic mutation hasn't ****** up your brain as extensively as it usually does the other white trash. (if you can provide a transcript, of course)

• 2 months ago

What makes you think we are pretending?

• 2 months ago

I don't claim to be an expert but I am well informed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.