I had my industrial pierced on saturday and its very swollen and painful, does this look normal? what should i do?

You need to remove it looks awful

• Hypnos

Yes this is normal, in fact this is probably best case scenario. When mine was healing it would bleed and ooze regularly too. Just try to reduce the amount of pressure you put on that ear, particularly when sleeping, try to avoid leaning on it at all if you can. Icing it can help reduce swelling and numb the pain if it's getting too uncomfortable, but other then that your piercer should've given you steps to follow for aftercare so stay on top of that in the mean time. It can vary from person to person, but I know in my personal experience and others the industrial can take a long time to heal because the jewellery is thicker and the wounds are bigger, so patience is key with this one. Also side note but the bar they used for your ear looks unnecessarily long. They are supposed to use a longer bar in the beginning to leave room for swelling however, that one could be problematic if you leave it in for too long because it has a lot of room to slide, which is not good for a piercing that's in the process of healing. I recommend when the swelling has gone down to have that bar swapped out for a shorter one as soon as possible, I still have the same bar in from when I got mine pierced almost 2 years ago now and it's nowhere near that long so just be wary of that.

maybe you should go see your doctor and get it checked out

It's definitely normal. My industrial piercing swelled like a mofo for about 2 weeks before it finally decided to calm down. It may feel hot and uncomfortable, and that is not uncommon for these piercings unfortunately. The nature of the jewelry puts a unique kind of pressure on the piercing holes, so industrial piercings are notoriously temperamental. Just keep cleaning it and otherwise leave it alone as much as possible! (Ibuprofen and/or ice can help too)

Ever seen Vincent Van Gogh's self portrait done after he cut his ear off? Sorry.