Need help with finding a amplifier for Pioneer speakers!?

I have a pair of Pioneer s-htd520 (sub woofer) speakers that were given to me. Maximum power 115w, puissance maximum 115w, impedance 8.

They didn’t come with the amplifier. I don’t want to blow myself up using these speakers, so which amplifier should I be using? (Beginner home studio) thanks for your help! 

Best Answer

Almost any amplifier that is any good will do the job. 

"Maximum" power ratings are useless. 

Find out the "RMS" or "continuous" rating. 

That is the Only one that matters. 

These are speakers from an all-in-one Pioneer system. If what you have is two subwoofers, then that's not going to do much for you, as subwoofers by themselves give you little actual sound.

The picture shows the speakers that came with this all-in-one system. The one subwoofer included is the tall one to the right of the picture. So, if you have two of those, that will be rather useless without at least two full range speakers, and many receivers have only connections for one subwoofer.

• Frank

Anything you want that isn't rated  higher for the specs you gave.