Will castor oil induce a miscarriage?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When I was growing up, I heard the old wives' tale that castor oil could cause a miscarriage. Wasn't true then, and it's not true now If you take a big dose of castor oil while you're pregnant (or at any other time, for that matter), all that's going to happen is that you're going to get stomach cramps and a bad case of diarrhea. Castor oil is a natural laxative. It causes you to move your bowels - it doesn't cause a miscarriage.

• 1 month ago

No but a push down the stairs might

• 1 month ago

I try with my second pregnancy I rub it on my stomach... I got infection and needed antibiotic during birth... it won't help induce it... the only thing help me with my first pregnancy was pineapple lol

• Cozette
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Rubbed it on your stomach? Who advised you to do it?

• 1 month ago

No but can cause birth defects and make you very ill

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stop listening to myths told by your friends.

• 1 month ago

Depends on how many weeks gestation the baby is. In the first trimester (13 weeks) baby is really tiny. At 4 weeks baby is only 3/4 inch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-CmUa2ZMM

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 month ago

No, just diarrhea.

• 1 month ago

Of course not. How would something you ingest cause a miscarriage? Excepting, of course, something like poison that kills YOU before ending the pregnancy.

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

And I find it difficult to take criticism from a "nurse" who answered that castor oil causing a miscarriage "depends on how many weeks gestation."

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope.....If it were that simple we wouldn't need any other methods now would we??

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No................................

Get REAL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.