Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 4 weeks ago

what would they do with my phone? ?

earlier on today i got mugged, but my instagram is logged into that i’m only 15 but the person who robbed me had to be atleast 18 but i don’t know when they get into my phone they would have access to all my social media’s. my snapchat would have been logged out as i logged in but they would still have my snapchat username and access to my instagram and my mates instagram is also logged into my phone. What would they do with my instagram as having access to it. They’ll know my name social media’s, families and friends phone numbers, they could also text anyone. 

Report the phone as stolen immediately - the service provider should remove it from their network/.

Stolen phones are usually sold for drug money.

The buyer would most likely simply wipe all your stuff off of it.

There are apps to trace your phone (too late once stolen).

There are a series of steps you would want to take:

Change all of your passwords for all of your social media/email accounts. A lot of these services have the option to log off every active session, so even if they got into your phone, the app would require your new password to log in again.

Report your phone as stolen. Your carrier will place the phone's IMEI in a blacklist, preventing it from being used on another carrier.

If you had a passcode/password on the phone, it is unlikely they'll get past it. That person would need access to a Cellebrite UFED (Universal Forensic Extraction Device) in order to dump the contents of your phone. These are very expensive and not sold to the general public anyways.

This question is pointless. You would have changed your password.