Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 4 weeks ago

Do these symptoms sound like any familiar medical condition to anyone? ?

Yes, I am seeing a doctor. Yes, I know that people on YA aren’t doctors. Let’s just go ahead and get that out of the way. So, I’m a 28 year old female who has never had any major medical conditions as far as I know. 2 years ago, I had my first child. Since then, I’ve had the following come up:

-pain in left wrist

-weird loss of sensitivity in my left pinkie, ring finger, and side of my face (not really “numb,” but like a subtle “asleep” feeling

-pain down the back of my left leg

-one left eye floater

-stomach pain on the left beside my belly button

-neck popping every time I turn my head to the left

-bloating

-dizzy feeling when I turn my head

-sharp chest pain

-excessive sweating and intolerance to heat

All in that order.

My blood work was fine (not sure exactly what was tested), a complete abdominal ultrasound showed no issues, and a chest x-ray and ultrasound showed no issues. It sounds like I’m losing my mind, but I KNOW something is happening to the left side of my body, and it’s slowly getting worse.  

Any ideas of where I should go from here? My doc is one of the “you’re 28 and aren’t overweight. You’re fine” types. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Best Answer

I m have a science degree, but I m not a doctor, so getting that our of the way as well. :)

For what it s worth, I m thinking two things, either you need to see a chiropractor, maybe your neck or spine is every so slightly out of alignment after pregnancy and giving birth? I think that could cause a lot of the symptoms you are experiencing.

Or you need to see a neurologist and maybe get an MRI, just in case it s some kind of neurological issue.

I know, two completely different routes to take. A third option, and maybe the most obvious one, is to switch doctors to someone who takes you seriously and have the medical background to refer you to the right kind of specialist.

Hope you find out what it is and that you ll feel better soon.

This sounds like transient ischemic ( mini stroke),,,

A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a disturbance in brain function resulting from a temporary deficiency in the brain's blood supply.

Small pieces of fatty material and calcium that build up on the wall of an artery(called atheromas) can break off and lodge in the small blood vessels leading to the brain, temporarily blocking the blood supply and causing a TIA. Clumps of platelets or blood clots can also block a blood vessel leading to a TIA. The risk of having a TIA is increased if a person has high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, heart disease ( especially when the heart valves or the heart rhythm is abnormal), diabetes, or an excess of red blood cells (polycythemia).TIA are more common in middle aged .

Occasionally, TIA occurs in young adults or in children who have heart disease or a blood disorder .TIA usually starts sudden, The symptoms vary depending on which part of the brain is deprived of blood and oxygen. When the arteries that branch from the carotid artery are affected, blindness in one eye or sensation abnormalities and weakness are most common.

When the arteries that branch from the vertebral arteries in the back of the brain are affected, dizziness, double vision and general weakness are more common. Overall, however many different symptoms can occur such as the following.

Loss of or abnormal sensations in an arm or leg or one side of the body.

Weakness or paralysis of an arm or leg or one side of the body.

Partial loss of vision or hearing.

Double vision.

Dizziness

Slurred speech

Difficulty in thinking of the appropriate word or saying it.

Inability to recognize parts of the body.

Unusual movements

Loss of bladder control

Imbalance & falling

Fainting

While the symptoms are similar to a stroke, they are temporary and reversible. However, TIA tend to recur. A person may have several in one day or two-three in several years. About 1/3 of the time a TIA is followed by a stroke

Sudden, temporary neurologic symptoms suggesting malfunction of a specific area of the brain are the health care provider's first diagnostic clues. However, other disorders, including seizures, tumors, migraine headaches, or abnormal blood sugar levels, have similar symptoms, so further evaluation is needed. Since brain damage doesn't occur, a health care provider can't make the diagnosis with a CT or a MRI.

Health care providers use several techniques to evaluate a possible blockage in one or both carotid arteries.The uneven flow of blood creates sounds, called bruits, that may be heard through a stethoscope. However bruitis can also be present without any significant blockage. The next step is usually an ultrasound scan and a Doppler flow study, two tests performed simultaneously to measure the size of the blockage and the amount of blood that can flow around it. If the carotid arteries are severely narrowed, the health care provider may order an MRI scan of the arteries or preform cerebral angiography to determine the size and location of the blockage. In angiography, a fluid that can be seen on x-rays is injected into an artery while x-rays of the head and neck are taken.

Stroke AKA cerebrovascular accident,,,is the death of brain tissue 9cerebral infarction) resulting from lack of blood flow and insufficient oxygen to the brain. A stroke can either be ischemic or hemorrhagic. In an ischemic stroke, the blood supply to part of the brain is cut off because either atherosclerosis or a blood clot has blocked a blood vessel. In a hemorrhagic stroke, a blood vessel bursts, preventing normal flow and allowing blood to leak into an area of the brain and destroy it.

Source(s): nurse

if youre getting chest pains i would go to the er

• KatieC
      4 weeks agoReport

I did not too long ago. They did an ultrasound and a chest x-ray, but didn’t find anything wrong.