Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

How do you move when you're on a plane?

If you're moving states or counties on a plane, you obviously can't bring EVERYTHING on the plane so who do you call to have your stuff delivered to your new home?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

1.  Hire a moving company to pack,ship, possibly store, and unload your stuff.

2.  Go through PODS or a similar company.  Get a POD, put your stuff in it, and have them deliver it and you unload it. You can also hire people (or bribe friends with beer) to load and unload for you.

3.  Rent a truck, load it, and drive it (and therefor skip the plane flight). Unload it when you get there.  As with #2, you can also hire help to load and unload.  

• David
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I know it's a joke how little leg room you get these days.

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You hire a moving company if you have a lot to move.  You can also ship things if you don't have too much.  

• 4 weeks ago

You can hire a moving company, or you can hire a truck, borrow a couple of strong friends to help you load up, and drive it yourself from A to B. I believe there's a company in the USA called 'U-Haul'.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Depends on on how much stuff you have. Most hire a moving company. They pick your stuff up before you leave and drop your stuff off at some point after you arrive. So you have to meet on both ends. Some people pack their stuff into a storage container that gets dropped off and then picked up and transfered and dropped off again. And for people with not a ton of stuff, there's bidding services like uship.com

• 4 weeks ago

a moving company might be able to drive it there

• 4 weeks ago

There are companies that will wrap everything up and deliver it by truck to your new place.

I forgot the name of the company but you’ve probably seen their boxes on streets where people load their stuff then it gets moved.

Gentle giant is one that comes to mind but I’m not sure if it’s still in business. Haven’t seen their trucks in quite a while.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You hire a moving company.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.