Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 1 month ago

if someone needs to take medicine in public, do they have to 'hide' to do it, ie in the toilets?

• Vicki
    Best Answer

No. Any time I need to take medication in a public space, I take it where ever I am at that moment. I have nothing to hide and no shame around it. I need my medications to get by, you aren't going to make me feel weird about needing it. Nor hide to take it.

I never have.  Someone wants to get their panties in a twist, that's up to them.

I take 4 different pills daily. One of them, I would "hide" to take if I had to do it in public, because I would feel uncomfortable and vulnerable about flashing a controlled substance in front of total strangers who may have nefarious intentions and want to get high off what I take to remain (mostly) upright and walking (limping on cane). Was in auto accident and came out of it with totally misaligned spine and 3 herniated discs, in addition to the joys of the degenerative disc disease and arthritis I already had. Even if people couldn't read the label, someone who gets high off it would know what it was on sight.

• drip

A couple of my friends take medication at meals. When we are out they discreetly take it. They don’t make a fuss or draw attention to it

It depends on the type of medication. If I had to do intramuscular insulin shots on my buttocks I would surely do it in public, I have got great buttocks.

i dont hide , i just take it