Is this a cultural confusion or am I interpreting this right?

A Swedish girl and i(female) have been talking recently and I invited her to an activity. She was busy and declined but later suggested going on a walk together. None of my American friends have ever invited me on a walk. In my understanding of it walks tend to have a more romantic connotation is this true in Sweden also? 

I appreciate all the insight I am not particularly social and struggle to understand these things. Thank you! 

Best Answer

In sweden going for a walk is kind of slang for having sex, typically a casual encounter with no strings, especially between unmarried women.

It s not a definite but they view sex a lot more casually in Scandinavia, its just not a big deal

• Lv 7

I go on walks with friends. It isn't necessarily romantic.

do you mean you talk to her romantically with her and youre wondering if this will be a romance thing? because im from America and my friends and I go on walks all the time...

• Mikey

People walk with their pets, so I'm thinking you're off about them being romantic.