Where can I hire someone to build my pc?

I am buying everything I need for my first pc build and I was wondering, is there anywhere I can go that can actually help build it for me once I get all my components? And if so, would it be costly?

I would have no clue what I’m doing and I also wouldn’t want to ruin anything. YouTube tutorials look confusing and aren’t in depth enough.  

• P

Honestly if you don't know how to build a PC you have absolutely no business just ordering a bunch of parts if you don't have a close friend to do it for you.  Just buy a nice gaming system from Dell\Alienware or if you are looking for more options there's places like https://www.ibuypower.com that offer more custom options.  Maintaining a custom PC also takes more knowhow so you really don't want to get in over your head into something you won't be happy with.  Regardless if you really want to find someone to help you, you can't use this website.  You need to use something like nextdoor.com where you can ask people in your neighborhood.

I don't understand what's so confusing about building a system if you simply follow the video tutorial. What exactly do you mean by not "in depth" enough? Do you have any links of the videos you've watched so I can take a look?

You might need to go to a local PC repair shop and see if they can build it for you. I don't know if they would let you supply the parts yourself, though.

If you're too scared to learn how to build it, then you're probably better off buying a pre-built system instead.

*Update*: Sorry if my answer came out a bit harsh. It wasn't meant as criticism. One of the joys (IMO) in getting a gaming PC is to build it yourself. It really isn't that difficult to build. It might seem difficult or intimidating, but that's normal when you're not very familiar with something. As long as you're not forcing parts together, you're not likely to damage anything. If you've ever played around with Legos, its the same concept with building a PC (just with much larger pieces).

If you're willing and able, consider getting an old PC you might have laying around and take it apart completely. Then put it back together and verify that it works fine. If you can do that successfully, you can build your own PC.

If you live in Northern California I'd happily come over and do it for you.

I used to deal with a little mom&pop computer store.  When I wanted a new computer I'd sit down with them and tell them what I wanted--processor, memory, etc.  I'd buy all the parts and they'd build it for me for nothing, install Windows, and burn it in.  You might find a computer store that will do that.

Otherwise, it's not that big of a deal.  Take it step by step--installing the motherboard, the memory, the processor, plugging everything in inside.  Look up each step separately.  You won't damage anything if you do it wrong (but it won't work).  You must know someone who's done it before, that you can call if you get stuck.