Dan asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

Can touching the outside of a detergent bottle and then eating food cause brain damage?

I was at the store and the couple in front had a ton of detergent and washing products on the conveyer belt. I then put my sushi and drink on it afterwards which was also touched by the cashier (she also touched the detergent bottles). I ate part of the sushi and drank the juice. Is there a chance any residual chemical particles could give me brain damage?

I would be more concerned if I were you if you paid for your items with cash. Some people were so concerned about germs that they would wash their children's money before they would be allowed to touch it. Forgetting, of course, that if their child was given any change, that the same risk presented itself. Most people are aware they should wash their hands before the handling, or consumption, of food. The drink inside the bottle should be fine. You could always use a serviette to handle the bottle. But brain damage is far more likely from mad cow disease than the examples you have given. I am more concerned about supermarket trolley handles than most ... I have seen people coughing all over these so I prefer to use a discinfectant wipe first before touching them if I can. Germs are everywhere and it is nigh on impossible to avoid them though.

Not at all. I actually used to enjoy the soapy taste so I would use laundry detergents as a dipping sauce for my chicken tenders. After a long day at work I would come home, pour myself a cup of downy, and sit down to watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I did have a few run-ins with minor liver and kidney failure, but I would say it's a beneficial practice overall. For example, whenever I use the bathroom it simultaneously cleans the toilet!

Nah.  You have been told plenty of times to wash your mouth out with soap.  It is a bitter taste AND IS INSIDE the bottles.

You are going to have to blame the brain damage on your mom standing up while you were a breach baby and you came out head first and  landed on your head onto the CEMENT floor.

Just a wild guess.  Am planning to write a movie script.

No more than you already have if you honestly think something like that is possible.

• Byrd

Don't worry about it you are already brain dead

Another paranoid delusional dolt.

Brits don't rinse the suds off dishes when they hand wash and Brexit happened, but then neither do the Danes and Denmark is considered one of the happiest countries on earth. Do detergent suds have anything to do with either scenario - no, of course not.

• Jedi Jan
      1 month agoReport

I am so glad I am not the only one who likes to use boiling water for rinsing. Most people don't seem to replace their scourers or sponges regularly. I lije to pour boiling water over mine even though I replace them often.

• paul

writing this means you already have brain damage ,surprised you can still post this ,bend over a kiss your A S S good bye

• audrey

If you're worrying about crap like that, you already HAVE brain damage.

• Henry

Brain damage and detergent, is this real or not.